top of page
Skew-T Weather Essentials Recorded Class

This is the Skew-T Weather Essentials twelve week summary guide. This summary guide is a PDF that includes the following -


  • Table of contents

  • Hyperlinks to the twelve private video recordings with a duration of 40 to 60 minutes each

  • Hyperlinks to a PDF containing the slides for each class

  • Hyperlinks to each quiz and quiz answers for each class


This is provided for your personal use only. Please do not share this or post it online. We appreciate your cooperation.

Skew-T Weather Essentials Recorded Class

  • This class is less about learning how to use the Skew-T log (p) diagram and more about learning the fundamental principles and building blocks of aviation meteorology. The tool makes for a great canvas or backdrop to teach you about what causes the formation of clouds, fog, airframe icing, turbulence, and thunderstorms, just to name a few. In other words, you need to understand these basic principles of weather first, before mastering how to interpret the Skew-T log (p) diagram for your preflight weather planning and analysis.


    In a nutshell, this 12-week course is specifically directed at certificated private/commercial pilots, flight instructors and designated pilot examiners that want to really learn the science and application of the Skew-T log (p) diagram. It is open to pilots with and without an instrument rating. Putting it succinctly, this is meant to be a slight notch above the intermediate level. For most students attending this 12-week course, 20% of the material will be a review of basic aviation weather concept and the other 80% will be new or untaught material to focus on those gaps in knowledge that most certificated pilots possess.

bottom of page